Let's chill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let's chill

Life's too short not to be enjoyed... Ideas are too precious not to be explored... So, sit back, relax and enjoy... no need to worry, 'coz now you're free....

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nadal wins GOLD medal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sapphire

sapphire

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Nadal wins GOLD medal Empty
PostSubject: Nadal wins GOLD medal   Nadal wins GOLD medal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 7:59 am

Unstoppable. Unreachable. Unbelievable. Rafael Nadal proved his might yet again in a very exciting Olympics match last Sunday against Chilean Fernando Gonzalez. In all fairness, Gonzalez put up a good fight, especially in the second set, twas even better than the Clay Championship bet. Fed & Rafa last May... So Rafa took home the Gold, Gonzalez - silver and Djokovic, bronze Wink

NADAL beats Gonzalez to take on Gold

Nadal claims gold for Spain

Wimbledon champion Rafael Nadal kept up a remarkable year for Spanish sport by beating Chile's Fernando Gonzalez 6-3 7-6 6-3 to win the men's tennis gold.

Having eased to the first set, Nadal saved two set points in the second to force a tie-break, which he won 7-2.

Early breaks of serve in the third set gave Nadal vital momentum and from that point Gonzalez was on the back foot.

Nadal won it on his fourth match point, when Gonzalez's attempt to return his forehand drive went into the net.

The gold medal was the first ever for Spain in Olympic tennis.

"I just want to enjoy this moment because I'm having an unbelievable year," Nadal said.

"It's more than my best dreams so I want to enjoy the moment. I know how difficult it is to win these things. Winning here for me is unbelievable."

this part from: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olympics/tennis/7566552.stm

The past few months we saw Nadal fearless and precise as he can be against Roger Federer winning over the Swiss in Roland Gaross and Wimbeldon competitions. Sunday, he isn't only a French Open/Wimby Champ, an Olympic Gold medalist as well... And come Monday, he officially overtook Roger Federer's four and a half year reign as being the top-seeded tennis player... whew! what a feat!

hmm, I wonder what else can we expect from Rafa the next couple of months n years? Well, will be lookin forward to that =)
Back to top Go down
sapphire

sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Nadal wins GOLD medal   Nadal wins GOLD medal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:04 am

[img]Nadal wins GOLD medal Beijin10[/img]
Back to top Go down
reeses_shiznit

reeses_shiznit

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Nadal wins GOLD medal   Nadal wins GOLD medal Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 10:58 pm

yeah! napanood ko ang winning game nya! go nadal! galing galing!!:p papa pa! hahaha!:p
Back to top Go down
sapphire

sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Nadal wins GOLD medal   Nadal wins GOLD medal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 7:09 pm

i hope he wins in the U.S. Open!!!

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nadal wins GOLD medal   Nadal wins GOLD medal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nadal wins GOLD medal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Let's chill :: Sports one-stop-shop-
Jump to: